Construction Project Management Software
SmartContractor's construction project management software provides a full set of features to help you effectively manage your construction projects.
- Critical Path Method (CPM) schedules are created automatically from the estimate. No data entry is required to generate a schedule for a job!
- Once the schedule is generated, you can easily modify it in a graphical (Gantt chart) editor.
- Schedule is automatically adjusted when changes are made.
- Assign schedule resources (employees, crews, subcontractors, equipment).
- Automatically flag and report schedule conflicts.
- Print job schedules, employee/subcontractor work orders, resource equipment schedules, etc.
- Autmatically generate materials ordering schedule and purchase orders based on product order lead times.
- Job site inspection schedules.
- Automatically tracks and reports days behind/ahead of schedule.
SmartContractor's includes an integrated Transmittal system that allows you to...
- Generate Transmittals, Submittals, and RFI's based on third party contact information in the SmartContractor database.
- Print or email Transmittals, Submittals, and RFI's.
- Track responses to Submittals and RFI's.
- Automatically alert overdue Submittals and RFI's .
To learn more, please see SmartContractor Transmittals.
- Automatically generate quote requests for materials and/or subcontracts from the data in the estimate.
- Quote requests can be emailed to vendors/subcontractors.
- Vendors/subcontractors can reply to email, entering their quotes directly into a form in the email message.
- Returned email quote can be imported into SmartContractor.
- SmartContractor retains a database of price quotes from each vendor/subcontractor so that quoted prices can be compared.
- When one vendor is selected, that vendor's price is automatically pulled into the estimate.
- Automatically generate a "Materials Ordering Schedule" report that lists day by day, and week by week, which items (in a job, or several jobs) must be ordered to be recieved in time for scheduled installation - including order lead time.
- Automatically generate purchase orders from the job estimate based on vendor, scheduled purchase date range, job phase, job section, or item assembly.
- The Purchase order creation process automatically includes all items in the latest version of the job estimate including change orders.
- Generate PO's in a pre-defined format, or in yourown custom format.
- Print and mail your PO's, or email them with the click of a button.
- Track the quantity of purchase ordered materials received.
- Print a "Purchase Order Receipt Status" report that shows when all purchase ordered materials for a job/job phase/job section/item assembly have been received. The purchase order receipt tracking proceedure is used in "rapid sequence" construction projects or phases, where work cannot begin until all required materials have been received.
- Assign employees to work items in the job schedule, then automatically generate employee work orders.
- Each employee's work order provides complete work assignment information: work site, work item description, scheduled work time.
- Work orders double as time sheets; employees can write in hours worked for each job/job item. The hours worked are then entered against the work order; only the actual time worked is entered, so no duplicate data entry.
- Change orders can be entered, printed, or emailed, but not take effect until the status is set to "Approved".
- Change orders are integrated with the job estimate so the changes are automatically reflected in all program functions (scheduling, invoicing, etc.) when C.O. status set to "Approved".
- Change orders can be formatted in a SmartContractor defined change order form, or formatted as an AIA G701 Change Order Document.
Whether you're a sole proprietor or a construction project manager for a larger construction company, SmartContractor has the features you need to successfully complete your construction projects on time and on budget.